[thelist] PS6 Question

Michael Buffington mike at stirlingbridge.com
Tue Dec 11 17:00:37 CST 2001

There are a few ways to do this:

1. Try the Color Range tool.

Click on Select, then Color Range, and within the dialog that pops up select
the area of color that you want to select. When you're satisfied with the
results, click OK and use the eraser (or whatever tools you need to) on the
selected color.

2. Use the magic wand to select non-contiguous areas.

Select the magic wand tool, make sue the "Contiguous" check box isn't
filled, and select your color. Play around with the tolerance and feather
levels to achieve the desired result.

3. Use the Background Eraser tool.

Look this one up in the docs - I think I've messed around with it once, but
never actually used it to accomplish a goal.

4. The old fashioned way.

Use one of the lasso tools (standard, polygon, or magnetic) to hand draw a
selection.

I'd bet there are more ways to do it as well, the above have worked for me
when the situation arises.

Michael Buffington
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion Developer
Author ColdFusion 5.0 Developer's Guide (ISBN: 0072132256)
http://www.michaelbuffington.com
ph: (714) 404-8616
email: mike at stompzine.com
AIM: elbowdonkey