[thelist] Re: Another Way To Determine If You Should Support Old Browsers

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Wed Dec 12 14:39:11 CST 2001

On 12 Dec 2001, at 10:17, Pat Meeks posted a message which said:

> That's a good point. I'm curious, will the server logs pick up on that
> or will the logs also be skewed? Would you know about stat programs like
> HitsLink, which do JavaScript queries?

Server logs normally show http_user_agent string.

You *never* want to use JavaScript for anything that *must* be done.
It's just too unreliable. There are too many variations of scripting
languages, and too many people that deliberately turn javascripting
off.

deke

--------
We are the parents our people warned us about....