[thelist] image position without using CSS?

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Thu Dec 13 13:26:34 CST 2001

Here's a reply that I gained from the folks at webdesign-l.com earlier
today.

"DOM gives you no access to the current positions of things. What you can
access in DOM is *only* what you specified as part of the document/
stylesheet."

"Mozilla implements the IE offset* properties, but it's not standard. And it
doesn't do scroll*, unfortunately."

I was using this response as the basis for a forward-compatible script
(which interacts with CSS). Perhaps I misread it? If there are any Document
Object Model people out there, then perhaps they can confirm.

Regards
Mark Howells
Working in a Winter Wonderland
http://www.mark.ac