[thelist] Multiple Installations of IE?

MRC webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Mon Dec 17 11:24:27 CST 2001

Chad,

> How, then, does one test a site in a different version
> of IE than the one installed? *Is* there a way, short
> of going to great lengths and pains (maintaining more
> than one installation of Windows; having more than one
> PC; etc.)?

    Yes, and that's where VMware comes in [1]. I use it daily, and am very
please with it. There is a similar program named Virtual PC [2] by Connectix
that several on this list use, as well. Both have trial versions available
for download, so you may want to give both of them a try. Keep in mind that
*ample* memory and hard drive space are necessities to run either of these
packages effectively.

James Aylard

1. http://www.vmware.com/products/desktop/ws_features.html
2. http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc4w.html