[thelist] Pop-up Stopper recommendations

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 05:43:53 CST 2001

On Tuesday, December 18, 2001, Olly Hodgson (gnarly at punkass.com) said:

>Opera and Mozilla (I think?) let you turn off the onLoad and err... another
>function :-) which is where the majority of popups happen. Not sure if thats
>any use to you.

For Moz you want this page:

Configurable Security Policies:
<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/ConfigPolicy.html>

--
Suppose you're annoyed by pop-up advertisements and want to prevent all
web pages from opening new browser windows. You can do this by adding the

user_pref("capability.policy.default.Window.open", "noAccess");
--

It's also worth reading the examples at the end of the page for things
like preventing web pages from resizing browser windows, moving browser

Or the latest version of the Internet Junkbuster has the ability to
control pop-ups, amongst other thing.

<http://ijbswa.sourceforge.net/>

HTH

G.