[thelist] Access Date Trouble

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Dec 18 07:24:37 CST 2001

>The date should be written in the database like: 18/12/01 15:47:47
>But for some really wierd reason its displaying it: 01/12/18 15:47:47

hi paul

you need to be more specific on how you want the date formatted on output,
because it's always stored into the database in exactly the same format, no
matter how you specify it on the way in --

   "Date variables are stored as IEEE 64-bit (8-byte) floating-point
    numbers that represent dates ranging from 1 January 100 to
    31 December 9999 and times from 0:00:00 to 23:59:59."
           (from the msaccess help documentation)

this bears repeating:  no matter how you enter dates, they're stored as
64-bit floating point numbers

it's up to you to get them to display the way you want

> I've put a Session.LCID = 2057 at the top to define UK date ...
> I have even reinstalled Access to no avial ...

well, i certainly know the frustration, although in this case all you need
to do is utilize the Format function

write back if you want a quick solution, or check the help doc

rudy