[thelist] Pop-up Stopper recommendations

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Dec 18 09:23:23 CST 2001

On 07:02 PM 12/17/2001, Aleem said to me:
>Hi, does anyone know of some real good/fast popup stoppers ?
>I currently use popup stopper by panic ware, but sometimes I still see
>popup windows for an instance and then dissapear which means it takes up
>more resources.
>Could someone tell me of a better popup stopper ?

Most popup stoppers work by force closing windows when a window opens with
criteria you specify (Window Title contains "X10" or "Orbitz" or
"NextCard").  So, yeah, most of them will still popup
immediately.  Personally, I use Advertising Killer by BuyPin Software.

http://www.buypin.com/

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/