[thelist] New Site -

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Tue Dec 18 11:01:22 CST 2001

Lovely site - very slick on my Mac/IE5/ISDN combination. I don't often visit
Flash sites (most are over flashy) but this is definitely one that works
very well, without having effects just for the sake of it.

My only other comments are;

- Javascript error on trying to add a bookmark from the built-in grey menu
(and no bookmark is added). Not sure whether window.external.AddFavorite
might be a Windows / IE only piece of code.

- Not sure about the yellow text that slides around - it's a bit
distracting. I (as a web geek designer) can see why the focus is there, but
a normal user might be irritated by the way it slides around all the time.

- On the menu options (which slide out on mouseover), the menus can switch
when you don't want them to. E.g. Hover over Our Cars > Mini Cooper, then
move the mouse directly towards the 360 degree view link.

- The white on black text is a little small and potentially difficult to
read on a larger monitor. I'm browsing at 1600x1200 and I have to "lean in"
to read it.

Regards
Mark Howells
Working in a Winter Wonderland