[thelist] New Site -

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Tue Dec 18 12:23:13 CST 2001

> >  one quibble i have is the alert that pops up after idling for a
> >period of time
>
> It's funny, we've been about 50/50 on this - People have either
> absolutely love it, or completely hate it - if it stays even we may
> need to flip a coin...

I absolutely hated it. I  thought it was condescending, and insulting. How
dare a website know what I've been doing with my time, and how dare it tell
me what to do?

You may have a 50-50 split here, but you should look at how strong the
reactions are. While those who like it may find it cute, those who dislike
it may feel completely insulted by it.  Those who find it cute won't mind if
it goes, while you may alienate those who dislike it.