[thelist] domain under attack??

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Dec 18 16:03:02 CST 2001

AOn 08:07 AM 12/18/2001, Fortune Elkins said to me:
>>one of the little domains for which i'm the webmaster appears to be under
>>attack. i'm not sure what to do.
>>
>>the host is all apache. when i look at the list of documents not found in my
>>server log reports, i see a huge list of files the hackers are after, which
>>luckily don't exist, becuase it's not a windows server and i don't use front
>>page:

Like the other's more eloquently said, this is an IIS worm attempting to
exploit your box. You can ignore it or if you want to "be a nice guy(tm)",
you should take the IP address from the logs and find out who owns the
boxes that are attempting to exploit your server.

Then you can notify them that they need to fix the problem.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys