[thelist] New Site -

david currey david.currey at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 18 19:44:48 CST 2001

on 12/18/01 4:58 PM, Jamie Bakum at jamie.bakum at circle.com wrote:
hi,

the forward back buttons bugged me. they appear right at the beginning,
before i have anywhere to go forwards or back to and the forward one is
always there even when i am as far forwards as i can be.

also ( moz .96 mac os9 ) i crashed 5 times out of 6 attempts to view. 3
times on the boxing gloves ,i thought boxers were porches:) and twice
messin' with the drop down menus.

I could be wrong on this and i probably am, because your plugin detect code
blew me away (why are you checking for wmp ,real and flash? you can send any
variables you may be checking back to your main swf straight from the qtvr)
the embed tag on your qtvr might  mess up on pc's running windows that don't
use ns plugins you could use...

<object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"
width="400"height="290"
codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
  <param name="SRC" value="minicooper_int_qtvr.mov">
  <param name="CONTROLLER" value="true">
  <embed src="minicooper_int_qtvr.mov" width="400" height="290"
controller="true" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/">
  </embed>
</object>

nb. the above code code is just an example embed tag and not optimised for
qtvr delivery.

Also on the subject of qtvr , if I were producing those movies i would use
the built in connection speed settings  to deliver a movie optimised for the
users bandwidth "reference movies" and then some way for them to click and
say "to hell with it I want the big one and wait" with a bit more
compression that mov could lose quite a few k and not lose much img quality
especially if the zoom is limited a few stops and the make a real whopper so
i can zoom into the dash and not see compression artifacts. The movies
should also have "fast start previews" so that the user is not left with a
blank screen while the movie is downloading (sort of like a lowsrc) it looks
like nothings happening on a modem otherwise.

while I was viewing the src on the popup windows I got the alert telling me
to save my eyes for driving. I hate driving as i have to frequently  drive
nearly 24 hour journeys. that really ****ed me off.

> Greetings all -
>
> Partially a request for a critique
>
> http://www.miniusa.com