[thelist] New Site - mini

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Wed Dec 19 20:22:29 CST 2001

At 12/19/2001 11:46 AM, you wrote:

>This example is overboard and bit childish, I know, but, to those who have
>said it's unreasonable to require a Flash plug-in to shop for a car, I
>could respond that it's unreasonable for us to require access to a
>computer, an internet connection, and a browser just to shop for a car...I
>mean go kick some tires for goodness' sake!  ;-)

The difference I see here, Jamie, is that your Competitors' - important
aspect of business - websites provide me with info I want using just "a
computer, an internet connection, and a browser..."

*Note, "my" perspective is that of me as a user, not me as a picky developer.

That's all. No criticisms against your decision to use Flash, like I said
initially, it probably suits your assumed market just fine.

>And again, I want to thank everyone for the amount of input and discussion
>received, it really has been invaluable.

You're welcome. Thanks for not turning it into a "well we decided to use
Flash so too bad!" campaign. You handled the feedback well.

regards.
-marc