[thelist] IE 5.1 for Mac OS 8/9 released (is: Flash install)

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Thu Dec 20 14:41:01 CST 2001

At 10:11 PM 12/19/1, Chris George (GSNet) wrote:
> I can't get the Flash plugin to work.

Sorry, that new Classic browser identifies itself the same as the
corresponding Native browser. The auto-detect routine is giving you the
Native plugin rather than the Classic.

Folks on the site are rewriting the auto-detection to differentiate these
two distinct codebases, but until then you can get the Classic plugin here:
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

(I don't expect that this will affect many other browser-detection
routines, because few need to distinguish MacOS 9.x from MacOS 10.x.)

jd