[thelist] does CSS slow down page rendering?

joseph gannon ganemanrussell at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 12:23:20 CST 2001

To create a web page that renders quickly, I know that
it's recommended to minimize graphics. But does the
page rendering time increase if you use CSS? I can see
that if you reference the style sheet in an external
file, the server must make an extra connection to get
the code. But if you embed the code in the HTML, would
it slow down performance? Has anyone done a metric
measuring this? Or is it all a bunch of hot air?

73 and Happy Holidays

Joe