[thelist] Apache and SSL

Daryl Grant poojie at dccnet.com
Fri Dec 28 16:45:09 CST 2001

Quote:-------------------------
We are currently running Apache on one of our web servers, and we need
to install a security certificate on it. My question is, do I need
Apache SSL for that?
-------------------------------

I am not sure if the process is any different for Windows, but under
*nix (FreeBSD) the installation of Apache-SSL
(http://www.apache-ssl.org/) took care of the certificate creation. You
_will_ need to install some form of SSL for your secure server.
Apache-SSL is one choice, but I belive you could also install mod_ssl
which will perform a similar function.

Depending on how your network is setup you will also have to make sure
port 443 is accessible open to apache since this is the port for secure
transmissions.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with the clustered server aspect -- I
have no such experience :]

Daryl