[thelist] Business/Payment Question........

John Corry john at neoncowboy.com
Fri Dec 28 21:18:35 CST 2001

|What kind of payment terms do you all demand?
|
|Sandy

50% deposit to lift a finger (beyond the proposal stage) means I get 1/2
before I even turn on the computer.

Balance due on 'completion'. My contract defines 'completion' as the client
giving approval to the final deliverables (code, images, data, etc). My
clients are usually pretty reasonable and I can put their stuff live while I
wait for a check. If I had a client like yours, I'd respond the way you are
responding, except I'd post a watermarked screenshot to keep them from
stealing/using my work.

The more experienced I get, the less tolerance I have for lame clients. I'm
almost always working so cheap that they deserve no special favors or
anything like that, and they NEVER will get me to finance their development
projects for 1-2 months, unless I'm collecting interest.

hth,
jpc