[thelist] Business/Payment Question........

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Fri Dec 28 21:27:04 CST 2001

At 12/28/2001 09:02 PM, you wrote:
>I'm done messing around with this, and want to post their changes to
>the "temporary" file that I have set up for approval, and then tell them
>that they won't be posted to their site until payment is made.  I know
>they're gonna have a cow, but I don't think this is a very unusual
>practice - is it?

If the "temporary" version is fully functional, and you can guarantee that
nothing will fall out of place in the shift to the real live version, no, I
think that is perfectly acceptable.

>What kind of payment terms do you all demand?

All money paid within two weeks of the bill date.
Stated at the outset. Most ordinary companies here who offer credit allow
payment in 30 days, so far have not had any complaints about us allowing 14.

regards.
-marc