[thelist] IE Problem - [perhaps a bit OT]

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Sun Dec 30 13:18:43 CST 2001

Just a couple of quick guesses...

Did you make sure IE isn't in the Startup folder?

I think Win95 has a utility that will get you to all the ways startup
programs are hooked in.  (Win98 does.)  Try START | RUN | MSCONFIG, and
then be really careful what you change.

Could "ie4tour.dll/welcome.htm" be what IE is trying to use as a home page,
and could it be failing because it's a part of the IE 4.0 installation
which was replaced by IE5?