[thelist] PHP Includes

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Mon Dec 31 13:13:52 CST 2001

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, pms wrote:

> supports php, which i don't know much about, but i was wondering if similar
> way to accomplish ssi using php?

The referenced documentation should by all means be read, though a
migration could conceivably be made with a single global search and
replace.

SSI:

<!-- #include virtual "/path/filename.inc" -->

PHP:

<?php include("/path/filename.inc"); ?>

would be thoe most likely pair to apply.  In fact PHP implementation
depends a bit more on the way the actual host server is set up, but you
get the general idea.

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."