[thelist] Taking over a now defunct site...

C Williams seahorse at inreach.com
Fri Jan 4 11:35:34 CST 2002

You will need to modify the template and this procedure is becoming more
obscure as the web grows.  I just looked up
some of the info on how to do this as my bookmarks are on a different
machine.  I came across some links, but not the correct ones.  It appears to
me that the 'authorized registrars' are in control of this, so you have to
pick one to use.  They are also charging fees to do this.  This is
interesting to me, as I haven't transfered any of our domain names in a long
time.

Good article explaining this:
http://www.internic.net/faqs/authoritative-dns.html

Good list of authorized registrars for domain names:
http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html

Good link for explaining the whois database:
http://www.netsol.com/en_US/faq/whois/whois-learnmore.jhtml