[thelist] PHP webhosting with root access

// kerin | airside.co.uk kerin at airside.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 05:41:12 CST 2002

Thats what attracted me to the Media Temple Appliance Server : <http://
www.mediatemple.net/services/web_hosting/as/features-options-prices.html>

It effectively is a dedicated server, but is physically a shared server.
So you get root access, the ability to reboot, install, configure, etc.
etc., but with costs nearer the shared server end of the market - or so
it now appears.

Can anyone see a problem with this kind of setup? Reasons why an actual
dedicated server would be a better choice?

Kerin Cosford
Codemonkey
Airside
0207 354 9912