[thelist] web companies in NY

Matt mspiegler at lightbulbpress.com
Tue Jan 8 08:22:40 CST 2002

The Silicon Alley Job board ( http://www.siliconalley.com/sa/jobs/jobs.cfm )
is one of the best resources for job hunters in NY and is probably the first
place that industry jobs gets posted. You could also try subscribing to the
World Wide Web Artists Consortium list ( http://www.wwwac.org, not just for
artists despite the name ), it tends to be a lively and informative source of
NY info and jobs get posted fairly regularly there. Its also a good way to
locate recruiters and headhunters. The signal/noise ratio is much worse than
the Evolt list, but if you can wade through the Mac vs. Pc flame wars you'll
get some good info. ;)

Being a resident of NYC, I can tell you that you're a brave man for moving
here right now. Not in the personal safety sense, but in the job market sense,
because the market is quite tight right now. I don't mean to be discouraging,
There's always work somewhere, but you should expect up to a 3-4 month job
hunting process and heavy competition. Of course, apartments are dirt cheap in
Battery Park City! (that's the neighborhood right next to G-Zero).

Matt