[thelist] SGML files - no idea where to start

Rebecca Milot-Bradford RMilot-Bradford at nsca-lift.org
Tue Jan 8 10:55:43 CST 2002

Hi all.

The association I work for publishes journals. Our publisher turns the
articles into SGML files. The association has, in the past, paid the
publisher to establish and maintain a web site that displays the articles
(using the sgml files) to members. The Powers That Be (PTB) have decided
that I should set up our own web site to display the articles. The PTBs have
paid the publisher to deliver all of the sgml files to me, and now I am
supposed to make the web site display these files. The problem is, I HAVE NO
IDEA WHAT TO DO. Please, someone, give me an idea where to start, what to
read, something ...

The files look like this:

<!DOCTYPE SERIAL PUBLIC "-//Publisher//DTD for Online Journals//EN">
<SERIAL><SERFRONT><SERPUBFR><VOLID>2</VOLID>
<ISSUEID><ISSUENO>2</ISSUENO></ISSUEID>
<FPAGE>14</FPAGE><LPAGE>17</LPAGE>
<DATE>198004</DATE>
<CPYRT><DATE>1980</DATE></CPYRT>
<DOI>10.1043/0199-610X(1980)002<0014:WTFWS>2.3.CO;2</DOI></SERPUBFR></SERFRO
NT> ...etc.

Best Wishes,

Rebecca Milot-Bradford