[thelist] Problems with late arrivals of JS SRCs

Peter Small peter at genps.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 04:14:47 CST 2002

I'm using a script which is made up of several components consisting of
separate text and Javascript SRCs.

I'm getting many inconsistent problems because I think some of the SRCs are
arriving late: resulting in an incomplete script being activated. This may
be further complicated because some of these SRC scripts call other SRC
scripts.

Can anyone tell me how browsers handle SRC scripts when they are combined
into a single script?
Does it wait until all scripts called in the header have arrived before
running the complete script?
Does it also wait for SRC scripts called by an SRC script?

If the browser does activate a script before all the SRC components have
arrived, what is the best way to check arrivals of SRC scripts and make
sure the complete script isn't activated until they have all arrived?

peter
http://www.avatarnets.com