Non-PPP access/text-only browsing was Re: [thelist] (no subject)

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Wed Jan 9 17:34:30 CST 2002

At 03:01 PM 01/09/2002, Ben Henick typed:
> > At 03:44 PM 1/9/2002, "Syed Zeeshan Haider" <zeeshan_paki at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >Can somebody tell me the names of two or three most popular Text-Only Web
> > >Brower, which can run in Windows environment?
>
>I personally am not aware of a text-only browser that is designed for the
>PC platform and is still current, but I could be wrong.  KU was developing
>a 16-bit version of lynx at one point, but I never was able to figure out
>what became of that effort.

  July 17, 2001 Lynx v2.8.4 release
<http://lynx.isc.org/release/>

Also, from the above page:

Lynx for Win32 is available at
http://jim.spath.com/lynx_win32/
http://www.shonai-cit.ac.jp/eci/senshu/
Other versions of Lynx for DOS386+ and Win32 can be found on
http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm
<<

Syed, you might also check evolt.org's browser section, but maybe you
already did?

<http://browsers.evolt.org/>

HTH.

Warmly,