[thelist] Searchable dynamic content

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Wed Jan 9 17:43:39 CST 2002

> Hmmmm.... I dunno if that's it... for example, this page:
>
> http://www.gsnet.com/servlet/Hierarchy/Equipment/Crawler_Tractors/
> All/All/Al
> l/Manufacturer/hierarchy.html
>
> (watch for line wrap) which gets rendered every request (by spiders or
> otherwise) always gets indexed by Google... in fact, those are
> even virtual
> directories - none of them exist... they're just for Java to use...

My expectation was that a spider would crawl through the HTML generated by
the PHP, and that's the content that would be indexed. However, what I've
found is that the static content has been indexed, but the dynamic has not.
Granted, the page has only had dynamic content for a short time, and perhaps
has not been crawled since its integration(?).

BH