[thelist] PHP on Mac OSX

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Jan 10 09:28:31 CST 2002

 >OSX basically thinks Classic is another machine on your LAN in situations
 >like this. So, from the Classic app, to connect to the database you cannot
 >specify 'Localhost' or '127.0.0.1' as the host. You have to specify your
 >machine's actual IP address as listed in OSX's Network Preferences.

This has been bugging me, especially since it plagues my own software:

    http://www.disobey.com/amphetadesk/

I've been telling people "if you use AmphetaDesk under Classic, you must
use a Classic browser", because I've had no luck getting an OS X browser to
communicate with a local server started up in Classic.

Does the same rule apply? If I throw in my IP address into an OS X
browser, will it reach a server being run on the Classic side of things?

I'm not near an OS X machine right now to test.

 > just wanted to thank Morbus for all the great articles on OReilly. In my

And thank you! Glad you liked them. Any suggestions for new stuff? The
third article was the last planned of the series, but people seem to want
more, so I'll be doing another two or three.

--
Morbus Iff ( softcore vulcan pr0n rulezzzzz )
http://www.disobey.com/ && http://www.gamegrene.com/