[thelist] Media Temple

// kerin | airside.co.uk kerin at airside.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 13:45:15 CST 2002

Does anyone have any experience with Media Temple hosting/customer service?

I was always under the impression that they were excellent - the hosts of
choice.

We orded an appliance server at $1300 a year from them yesterday, and they
quote a 4hr setup time before you can use your server. That was now 27 hours
ago. They have ignored 4 emails and 7 phone calls (always get directed to
someones voicemail, and I always leave a message).

Is this a normal level of customer service for US companies? This is akin to
cable TV providers in the UK. Other than cable TV companies, I have never
spent a day trying to speak to a human being at a company I am a customer
of, and failing.

Does anyone have any advice? Is it worth bothering with a company who can't
be bothered to return your phonecalls for $1000?

--
Kerin Cosford
Codemonkey