[thelist] Web site add on software

Lonnie Kraemer lwkraemer at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 10 14:21:37 CST 2002

>That reminds me - is it absolutely necessary to specify action in a form
>tag? Everything I've found on the subject says that without an action
>specified, the action defaults to the current document/script/whatever.
>But everything also seems to say it's a required attribute. Is it safe
>to miss it out completely, or is the default action just something that
>most browsers support but not actually in the standard?

<tip type="server-side elegance" language="asp">
When you want an ASP page to submit a form to itself, beware:
A form on a default page without the action attribute may fail and leave you
scratching your head.
User asks for www.foo.com actually getting www.foo.com/default.asp
A form without the action attribute on that page will error on submission.
</tip>