[thelist] Design standards for public information kiosks

Alastair Murdoch alastair at 19nine78.net
Fri Jan 11 05:17:23 CST 2002

can't offer any guidelines, but here's on tip we picked up when designing a
site that also had to be accessible via a touchscreen kiosk.

Make sure that you leave enough space between links to let people touch the
one they want!!

It seems obvious but it can present some real challenges to leave enough
'fingertip space' around each important link while still keeping everything
on a 800*600 screen.

cheers

alastair

A l a s t a i r   M u r d o c h