[thelist] Analog configuration

noah noah at tookish.net
Fri Jan 11 22:51:40 CST 2002

At 10:33 PM 11/01/2002, Erik Mattheis wrote:
>Ah - from http://www.analog.cx/docs/faq.html
>
>Why doesn't analog analyse the error_log?
>The error log is intended for humans rather than computers to read. So
>there is no consistent format: even different versions of the same server
>have different formats. And there is not much need to analyse it because
>analog's various failure reports are good enough for almost all purposes.

Thanks Adam and Eric, that answers my question (I should have seen that in
the faq, sorry - I think I was looking for a complicated answer, when the
real answer was very simple, i.e., "you can't"). The failure report,
however, does exactly what I wanted to do.

I had actually noticed that there was no error code (just "File not Found",
or whatever) written to the error log, and I spent the last hour trying to
figure out how to configure the error_log (which, of course, would be
useless to me regardless).

Any way, thanks again. For the sake of posterity (i.e., the archive) the
answer to my other question about linking the analog-generated html file to
a stylesheet, there is a config file command called STYLESHEET that does
exactly this in analog 4.0 and above, but it is not available in analog 3.3.

Cheers,
Noah