[thelist] testing for email address in perl

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sun Jan 13 00:03:26 CST 2002

At 09:17 PM 1/12/2002, Adrian Fischer wrote:
>Hi Gang,
>
>I need to be able to test to see if an email address is in a string using
>perl.
>Any ideas on how I pattern match to one.

I'm not the RegEx expert....but you would want to search for a word
boundary and then interrogate the word found for email like tendencies.

I have a regex around here for a project I did to harvest emails from
bounce messages. I'll see if I can find it.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys