[thelist] PHP content management (without MySQL!)

andy travers andy at tworeds.org
Sun Jan 13 13:38:14 CST 2002

Hi, I'm looking for a couple of pointers to help with a project for a couple
of low-cost websites for not-for-profit organisations that I'm building in
PHP.

With both websites, I'm looking for some sort of content management tool
that will allow me to hand over some content management ability (typically
to add new press releases to the site) to my non-technical clients. Neither
client can afford MySQL solutions - although I know there are a number of
PHP/MySQL content management tools from php.net and phpbuilder.com.

Before I break the bad news to them that they really need MySQL
functionality, is anyone aware of a *pure PHP* content management solution
that I could implement instead?

Oh, and just to be greedy, ideally I'd like them to be capable of creating
XHTML compliant pages...!

Many thanks,
Andy