[thelist] MySQL through MS Access?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Jan 14 12:28:23 CST 2002

At 09:48 AM 1/14/2002, .jeff wrote:

>perhaps, but for those of us that are running access on some projects, we're
>stuck with the dreaded task of trying to break the connection to the access
>database so we can upload a new one with changes like added, altered,
>removed columns and/or tables.  if we didn't have to do that, but could
>connect and perform these operations remotely, that'd be the best.

I'm not following you here. Must be a Monday. ;-) Are you saying when you
want to make changes to the mySQL DB Tables you are fighting with Access
and it's remote connection? Or do you wish you could manipulate the mySQL
tables via Access? Or something else?

>i've looked high and low for something that would allow me to do this.  do
>you have resources you could share on this matter?

This may or may not help you, but many people are fans of PHPmyAdmin.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/
----
Anthony Baratta
President