[thelist] MySQL through MS Access?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Jan 14 13:02:47 CST 2002

At 10:51 AM 1/14/2002, .jeff wrote:

>something else entirely.  got a client that's using access.  want to
>create/alter/drop tables or columns.  right now the only way i know to do
>that is in an offline copy and then try to ftp it overtop the live one --
>yuck.
>
>got some info on using access locally to connect to a remote access
>database?

Since access does not "listen" to a port like MS SQL/Oracle/mySQL et.al.
I'm not aware of a way to connect the two together (a local access db and a
remote access db).

It might be worth it to design an ASP interface to Access so that you could
do such a thing via the web.

----
Anthony Baratta
President