string concatenation (was Re: [thelist] Strings in ASPMail)

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Mon Jan 14 15:00:21 CST 2002

At 1/14/2002 11:37 AM, Faye Tarzwell (FayeC) typed:
>Thanks Chris :)
>
>I was missing the &.
>I had tried something like:
>mail.body = "Dear Mr. " username & vbcrlf & vbcrlf &_
>                 "Your password is: " password

After seeing this post and the ASP login post, I'm guessing Faye may be
having some problems with concatenating strings.

I've been looking for some sort of reference/tutorial/article to post, but
not seeing anything more informative than MSDN's VBScript reference. Maybe
someone on thelist has come across some references that might be useful?

Failing that, Faye, if you've got an ASP reference book or two, look it up
in the index and take a quick refresher course. :-)

All that about giving a man a fish and feeding him for a day or teaching
him to fish...

regards.
-marc