[thelist] PHP content management (without MySQL!)

Henning evolt at webmediaconception.com
Mon Jan 14 15:25:20 CST 2002

>The only *pure* PHP CMS I'm aware of which runs without a MySQL database
>(and uses flat file databases instead) is a solution produced by some
>German developers - have a look at http://www.phpcms.de

German-speaking that is. To set the record straight, I believe Michael
Brauchl is Austrian ;-)

>It's reasonably simple to use, and they have some reasonably English
>documentation up and running, as well as a useful forum, so have a good
>look at them.

I second that. The forum's activity is mostly in German, but there's an
English board as well. So don't hesitate, everybody is being quite helpful
- and sufficiently fluent in English.

>andy travers wrote:
>
>>With both websites, I'm looking for some sort of content management tool
>>that will allow me to hand over some content management ability (typically
>>to add new press releases to the site) to my non-technical clients. Neither
>>client can afford MySQL solutions

This pretty well describes the kind of site I'm building with phpCMS for a
non-profit organization right now.

>>Oh, and just to be greedy, ideally I'd like them to be capable of creating
>>XHTML compliant pages...!

The site I'm building is XHTML. There's no problem with that.
phpCMS is completely template driven. Create your template in XHTML, and
you have an XHTML site.

What I really like about phpCMS is its search engine friendliness. In
'stealth-mode' it automatically hides all internally used search strings.

HTH
-Henning