[thelist] finding ip addresses

kris burford [midtempo] kris at midtempo.net
Tue Jan 15 05:09:05 CST 2002

okay, have (finally) worked out where the message text files are being kept
and have found the ip address (read: one *badly* set up forum).

foolish question for today - how do i then identify the user from an ip
address... i've been to a whois service, found that the ip address refers to
a large isp (bt internet), but beyond that, i'm stuck...

kris