[thelist] finding ip addresses

Jeff.Michna at wahchang.com Jeff.Michna at wahchang.com
Tue Jan 15 05:42:57 CST 2002

Not much with out a court order.  I would read the ISP's policy on such
things and find out if it violates any rules.  If so, as people have mention
your only recourse is to submit to the ISP to have him booted.

But, one thing you can do is see if you can gather any information of the
computer.  Once I had a user that was scanning my computer once a week or
so.  I got sick of it and started to look at his computer.  The funny thing
is that he had a web server running on his computer with his personal
webpage, including his resume...  I sent him a nice little e-mail and never
had any problems with him again.  This is unlikely to be the case, but does
not hurt to look.