[thelist] Testing ASP and CGI (Perl) on a Mac

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Tue Jan 15 08:50:22 CST 2002

OSX runs apache and perl quite nicely. Both are included in the standard
install. It's set up by default for cgi scripts to go in
Library/Webserver/CGI-Executables (and includes the rewrite rules to make
/cgi-bin refer to this directory) but you can, of course, configure apache
any way you want.

apache::asp module only allows asp scripting in perl. I'm not sure if
there's a VBScript module out there that can be added to it. MS is really
anal about letting VB show up on any platform except Windows.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

Arlen.P.Walker at JCI.Com