[thelist] Form CSS styles

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 15 13:41:05 CST 2002

> From: Judah McAuley <judah at wiredotter.com>
>
> I'm looking for examples of nice form styling using CSS.
[...]

keep in mind that not all elements accept styles... select menus,
for example, in IE just won't do it right...

> So I'm looking for good code to steal ;-)

oh, why didn't you say so:

input.b		{	/*background-color : #eeeeee ;*/
			/*border-color : #eeeeee ;*/
			/*border-top : 2px solid #ffffcc ;*/
			/*border-left : 2px solid #ffffcc ;*/
			/*border-bottom : 2px solid #ff9900 ;*/
			/*border-right : 2px solid #ff9900 ;*/
			color : #000000 ;
			/*cursor : hand ;*/
			font-family : arial, sans-serif ;
			font-size : 12px ;
			/*font-weight : bold ;*/
			padding-top : 4px ;
			padding-bottom : 2px ; }

input.t, textarea.t, select.t {
			background-color : #ffffff ;
			/*border : 1px inset #000000 ;*/
			font-family : arial, sans-serif ;
			font-size : 13px ;
			padding-left : 3px; }

this is dumped from a CSS file where i ended up commenting out a
*lot* because the users didn't recognize the form elements...
anyway, you cn start there and play...  in order for it to work, you
need to class buttons as "b" and all other elements as "t"...

feel free to improve, i know that after looking at it now, i certainly
will...

> Anyone have any examples that they'd like to share?

no.

oh.. wait... i did...