[thelist] Legal question, GNU/PGL related

Kevin D. White nonzero at well.com
Tue Jan 15 18:02:42 CST 2002

The client is paying for your services not the software so this really is
not a software license issue.  You may not charge for software covered under
the GPL, otherwise it wouldn't be "free software."   There is nothing
barring you from charging for delivery, customization (with sources of
course), and so on.  Most of this info is given much better coverage on the
GNU website:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html