[thelist] A question of <div>s [newbie]

Mark Cheng mark.cheng at ranger.com.au
Tue Jan 15 21:28:24 CST 2002

Dan

> However, with my skills I
> have been unable to figure out how to place an
> item reliably below the
> bottom of the extending div. It seems that only
> the bottom of the containing
> div counts when placing things outside the div,
> and text gets sucked up to
> the outside right edge of the page.

The reason why you are having trouble with the text (I
assume you are refering to the links) is because your
leftcontent div is set to float.  As the text and links are
part of right content (you've closed the leftcontent div
before the text P) they will appear to the right of the left
content div.

SO, if you want the text to appear below the leftcontent,
but not IN leftcontent try inserting style="clear:both" in
the <p> declaration (warning - this apparently does nasty
things to NN4x)

eg

Alternatively you can define a class with clear:both as its
attribute and put that P in the class (this should be ok for
NN4X?).

hth

MarkC

This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify us promptly.
We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.