[thelist] The .NET Framework has been released.

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Wed Jan 16 14:32:19 CST 2002

On Jan 16, Don Makoviney had something to say about [thelist] The .NET...

>I have been programming with .NET Beta for almost a year now, and love how
>much faster (development-wise and speed-wise) it is than Classic ASP.

I've been avoiding it like the plague, but I can't put my finger on why.

But, since you've been using it, can I ask you a question?

well, i just did. but, another one...

Is there a delay, during development, for compiling the script with each
change to the script's source like there is for JSP?

If there's one thing I hate about JSP, it's that every time I forget a
semicolon or some stupid mistake like that, I have to fix it, then wait
for the thing to compile to see if there are any other syntax errors I
need to fix. A 3-12 second delay might not sound like much, but, lord, it
is when you're trying to be productive.

there should be an attribute somewhere like:

DoNotCompile=True

so I can have the thing be processed like a script every time rather than
compiled. sure, i'd take that out when i'm done testing, but during
development, it'd be nice.

and, yes, i can see the infeasability of this because of the system's
architecture (relying on a sompiled 'script').

thanks,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com