[thelist] Re: CSS Input Border

IA Lists lists at interanalysis.com.au
Wed Jan 16 18:04:10 CST 2002

Hi James et al

In trying to remove the borders to my input boxes, I have removed the class
definition and just used an input tag definition with border colour being
the same as the page background colour:

input {	border: #549c7d 1px solid;
	background-color:#90d8b9;
	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size:9pt;
	font-weight:normal;}

at http://www.interanalysis.com.au/contact.htm

I have tried adjusting the border width to border:0px; and border:none;, but
to no avail: I still get borders. Interestingly, my textarea does not have
this problem, but if I use the textarea's CSS tag definition the results are
still no different from what the input box has now. Mmm.

Thanks
Karl

>> I have a text box that is displaying with no border in IE6, but is
>> displaying with a border in NN6 (let alone NN4.x):
>>
>> input.contactform { border:0px;
>> background-color:#90d8b9;
>> font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
>>font-size:9pt;
>> font-weight:normal;}

>Your CSS looks fine (although a purist might argue that "border: 0px"
should be "border: none"), and in a quick test I saw no problems in Netscape
>6 with this code snippet. My best guesses for the cause of your problem:
>
>1) You haven't actually assigned the className "contactform" to the input
>2) You haven't used the same case for the className "contactform" in your
style sheet that you used in your HTML (e.g., "input.contactform" in your
>style sheet and <input class="Contactform"> in your HTML)
>3) You have another style declaration that is overriding this one (e.g.,
further down in your style sheet, declared inline, or with an !important
declaration).