[thelist] (no subject)

Dan Sundt desundt at speakeasy.net
Thu Jan 17 20:08:03 CST 2002

Hello-

I am trying to construct the following layout:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+      +          +          +
+      +          +          +
+ Col1 +   Col2   +    Col3  +
+      +   Row1   +    Row1  +
+      +          +          +
+      +_____________________+
+      +          +          +
+      +          +          +
+      +          +          +
+      +   Col2   +   Col3   +
+      +   Row2   +   Row2   +

Using only CSS, no tables...  Col1 is a fixed at 200px wide the height set
at 100%.  Columns 2 & 3 widths prefrably would be variable.  I would like
the content row1 to expand vertically depending upon the content,
subsequently pushing down uniformly the content in Row2.

I have been able to create this layout, but start running into problems when
adding the second "row" to col2 and col3.

Any tips, hints, resources would be greatly appreciated