[thelist] html Auto tag closer - wishful thinking -

Adrian Fischer adrian at logo-logic.com
Fri Jan 18 06:31:38 CST 2002

Hi there all,

I have a perl script that has .lib's require left right and centre (full of
embedded print <<"EOF"; html EOF; type stuff). Lots of nested tables
(Aargh!!) It works ok in IE but falls apart in Netscape (pick a version, any
version).

I think its probably an unclosed table or something along those lines.

I was hoping there may have been an editor out there that would fix unclosed
or mismatched tags.  Am I living in dream land here?  I know you can do open
and close tags automatically when doing the code initially but this has got
bits of html coming form all over the place using require statements.

I use Arachnophilia and pretty much do everything by hand.

Iv just downloaded a trial version of DzSoft Perl editor and that looks good
for helping me tidy up code but I am a bit past starting from scratch so I
thought there may be a tool that could help me out?

Any ideas would be appreciated

Regards

Adrian Fischer