[thelist] Form CSS styles

Andrew Clover and at doxdesk.com
Fri Jan 18 11:07:04 CST 2002

David McCreath <mccreath at ak.net> wrote:

> Again, the NC 4.7 issue prevents [select with CSS width] from being terribly
> useful for my day-to-day work, but I've had few freelance gigs recently
> where it would have been useful.

Actually, N4 has an undocumented feature that allows you to set the size
of a <select>. Just add a width attribute (number, in pixels). It's
invalid HTML but the other browsers will ignore it, so if you really
have to live with N4 for a while longer it's not a bad approach - surely
better than padding everything out with &nbsp;s.

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com
http://and.doxdesk.com/