[thelist] AOL wants to buy RH Linux??

Howard Rothenburg hrothenb at bcpl.net
Sat Jan 19 18:29:41 CST 2002

Don't forget Oracle. They re the only company I know that will
say in public that customers should only run their integrated
packages, as is. In their opinion, you should not be allowed to even
configure or adjust software that you buy from them. I have heard
their sales people say that if their package doesn't fit a business's
process flow then the customer should change the process they use.
They know what's best for you, after all.

If any of these companies get the monopoly power that they covet,
you are going to be more unhappy than you are now.