[thelist] AOL wants to buy RH Linux??

joel joel at spinhead.com
Sun Jan 20 01:17:26 CST 2002

|> what's worse -- a) a company that gobbles up
|> other companies that have either attractive or competing
|> software and actually uses that software in their future
|> releases or b) a company that gobbles up other companies and
|> turns those companies and their product into a shambles?
|> there's no doubt the answer is "a".  "b" is just pure evil
|> and of no use to anybody but themselves.

Huh? (no disagreement, I just don't understand. Do you mean there's no
doubt the answer is "b" or am I confused?)

If I understand you correctly, I agree completely. It would sadden me to
see some truly great technology sacrificed so AOL could put a new spin
on their marketing campaign. I know some folks don't have much choice,
but I've always compared AOL to broadcast TV - not much drive to deliver
quality, as a general rule.

joel